Thursday, May 20, 2010

Settling in,, I guess

Well it has been a month now that I have been home, and I haven't been able to accomplish much of what I had wanted to. Caring for Dad takes alot of time, which I knew it would. I just didn't think it would be THIS MUCH. But with his PT and OT appts, that are in the middle of our morning, it really messes with the whole day. I think once we are done with those, it should really help.

I am adjusting to the Suzie Homemaker role I guess. I have made bread (and it is edible) and I made two batches of Cupcakes to take to the race track for Cody's birthday last weekend. We had a blast. It was so nice to have the break.

I have wonderful friends who stayed with Dad while we were gone. Cody won his class and I went to the Semi Finals, which is the Farthest I have ever been in a race and I was happy as a clam!
Here is a link to the picture from Cody's win http://www.madrasdragstrip.com/51610bswin.jpg
All in all it was a good weekend.

I really think that things will work out. Dad is doing so much better, and although he doesn't need assistance to get out of his chair or bed anymore, he still needs ALOT of supervison.
I still have alot of adjusting to do, but we are making it work since that is what I do best! I make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment