Monday, July 12, 2010

Wow 12 weeks already

Well I have been home for 12 weeks already. I should have gone back to work today. I did tell my wonderful boss about a month ago that I would not be able to come back. Dad still has so many appointments and so many things going on that even if I was to try and go back it would only be part time and not very reliable at that.

So we have adjusted to life with me being home. I am doing more yard work and grocery shopping on my own, which I HATE by the way! (the grocery shopping, not the yard work) But we are half way through the summer and things are going ok. I have a garden growing with jalapenos, cucumbers, peas, and cauliflower. I also have tomatoes in big pots. I am looking forward to being able to harvest and use all the home grown goodness.

We have been to some races, and we have taken Dad and Traci with us a few times. I feel a little jipped though,, we bought the motor home so we wouldn't have to sleep in the car trailer, and we are still sleeping in the car trailer! :) But it is alright since I am still getting the opportunity to race. And Cody has been great about helping out!

We still have a busy month ahead of us. I have Drag Racing school this week,(I am so excited) and then next week Dad starts his physical therapy. Plus and MRI on his shoulder. Then we have another race on the 24th and 25th which I have a Dad sitter lined up, and then we are off to a Hansen family reunion! I am so not looking forward to the 12 hour drive in the heat, but it will be so great to see family for a happy event, and for more than a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment