Thursday, April 5, 2012

Coming home

Dad will be coming home on Wednesday. I am grateful for the small break I have had, but he has to come home once insurance stops covering his care. We did apply for some extra insurance, but they want over $1000 this month if he stays in the rehab facility as a co-pay, and then over $2000 next month. It is so frustrating. He has so much more work to do, and I am not sure how much he will be able to do here.
Plus it will definitely change what I am able to do. I am going to be on lock down for a while. I know that I signed up for this, and I know that I honestly don't have much time left. Dad's health is rapidly declining now, since his fall in Sept when he broke his hip, and we have had just one thing after another since then. I don't think that Dad will bounce back to being able to be independent at any level, and I think that will more than crush his spirit. He doesn't want to be a burden, and I don't feel that he is, but he will feel that way. Especially when I am staying home from races this year (for the most part) and only Cody will be going. I am very upset about that. I will so miss my racing family. And Cody has his 20 year class reunion this summer, and I may not be able to go at all. We had thought about going and then I would fly home from Boise as he will be staying in Boise for a race, but I am not sure we will be able to make that work. I want to be with Cody for that. It isn't something that happens every year, like a lot of the races I am going to miss this year. I know that I will be able to go to them again, as we will have plenty of time for that when this adventure is complete. I am sure we will work it all out. We always do, I am a fixer and a problem solver and we make things work.

No comments:

Post a Comment