Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dad is coming home tomorrow. It has been a long hard road again. He is doing well, but I know that once he is home any free time that I have had will disappear. He will need a ton of help again, and we will start all over with at home PT, OT and other therapy. Plus the PT at the skilled nursing center has said that Dad will most likely never be able to walk unassisted again. So that means lots of trips up and down the stairs for me. We are getting a bedside commode for him to use while I am out for grocery shopping and other life's errands. I have spent most of the morning getting his sitting room rearranged to accommodate that new piece of equipment.

Today is also going to be a very hard day for me as we are putting Whiskey to sleep today. She is 15, and she is in a lot of pain. It is time, but it breaks my heart as she is basically my "first born" furbaby.
She has been with me through the hardest times in my life, always willing to give me licks and snuggles. Granted she has also been my problem dog with her fear of loud noises like thunder and fireworks. And she was a jumper and got spooked and ran away quiet a few times. We have had to bail her out of doggy jail (the pound) and she has had her fair share of accidents and major vet bills. She has been a good dog, and she has pulled off some amazing stunts in her life.
I will always miss you, my Baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment