Thursday, May 17, 2012

Another Crazy week

This week has been super crazy. I brought Dad home last Thursday, and we got back into a regular routine on Friday. Friday and Saturday went well, or as well as could be expected with Dad being weak, and tiring easily. So Sunday we get up and I get him in the shower, and then make his breakfast. Well while he was eating he started coughing, and he couldn't stop. He ended up tearing a whole in his left lung again, so we were off to the ER by Ambulance. He collapsed his lung again. So he has been in the hospital since with a chest tube. I am going to try and be up at the hospital early enough to talk to the Dr and see what the next step is, and if Dad can/should come home, or if he needs to go back to rehab for a few more weeks.

This has been so tough. I love my Dad, and would prefer to take care of him here at home, but he is spending so much time in hospitals and rehab centers I am scared for what it means for his health. I know what the statistics are and they don't favor Dad making a recovery. That really scares me. I am not ready to lose my Dad. And I don't know what if anything I can do to help him get better and make a recovery. Even if it isn't a great recovery, at least get him stable enough to hang around for a while longer.

So many things keep going through my head and heart that I know that I am over thinking the whole situation. I need to remember to keep my faith in God, and trust that he knows best. And trust in His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment