Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Uggg! Frustration

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything.
I am so frustrated right now. I took Dad into the VA for respite care so I could go to the Halloween Classic. They decided that he would benefit from some very aggressive physical therapy. He is home now and doing better. However while he was in there we started the process to get a grant to have our bathroom on the main floor of the house remodeled to include a shower so we can move Dad downstairs. Well reading the application we have to be ADA compliant. I have no issue with that, but we don't really have the room to do it without some major changes in the house. SO I called today to get clarification, and was told that the only thing that we would need to be concerned with is the Shower, as that is what the grant is for. But then I was thrown for another loop as Dad is NOT service connected, and so he only qualifies for $2,000.00. I think that it will take at least 4 thousand to do the shower. So we are hosed.
I will still have the contractors I have scheduled come out tomorrow to see if they can do it that cheap, but I don't think that it a possibility. I am so bummed. I was really hoping that we could get this done so we could move Dad downstairs. I know that it would be the most ideal situation as he would be using the dinning room as a bedroom, and would have sheets for doors, but it would eliminate the need for him to ever have to use the stairs.

Oh well, we will continue on, and do what we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment