Friday, March 5, 2010

Frustration

Well today was pretty crappy for a Friday, Dad had a new nurse today and although she is sweet, she is a bit of an airhead and apparently doesn't know how to read. Dad had been on antibiotics for 7 days for pneumonia and a staff infection,, and she told me today when I called that she thought he was "coming down with pneumonia" OMG REALLY???
I did go up to the hospital after work and Dad looked tired, They had him on spontaneous breathing for over 7 hours today and he was worn out! But it is a good thing, this way he can build up his breathing strenght this way.
Then I get home to my wonderful husband frustrated with Sis, she doesn't react well to change and stress and that is all our lives have been for the last two weeks, so she is being a mouthy and smart mouth little shit. I can deal with it, I grew up with it, but Hubby is coming in as an outsider and even though she has been with us for 9 years now, she still doesn't respect him like she does Dad or I. I wish that she would do better with him, and I wish that she would realize that after almost 14 years, he isn't going anywhere. But then again she has the mind of a child and with the other divorces in our family, and the distasters that happened after that,, I can see why she is leery and she doesn't have a concept of time, not like you or I do. She will tell you that something happened last week, when it happened years ago, and things that happened yesterday, she can't remember. How do you explain that to an outsider, someone who didn't grow up with anyone with a learning disability? Most of my family can deal with it, Cousins and close friends that have been a part of our lives for years and years, But someone who didn't grow up with it, it has to be hard. However I don't have the power to change it. I just hope that things calm down very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment