Saturday, March 27, 2010

Big Steps forward

Things are starting to fall in place. Dad is doing well, even though it is slow going, and training is going on at work! The new hire is working out alright, She needs to get some confinence, but that will come with time. I hope she show's up on Monday! The more I talk to Dad about how he is doing, the more I think that I will not be able to return to work after the 12 weeks of FMLA. I am very torn about that. I love my job. But my family needs me. Dad thinks that he has a cataract in his good eye. He is having a very hard time seeing anything, and I guess two years ago at his eye appt, they told him that one was starting they thought! So we will have to have that check out. Plus the hurnia surgery still needs to be done! OMG it sucks to be the sole caregiver! I hate that Cody and I have no help. Someone told me to contact my brothers and tell them that I needed help, but I couldn't count on them when it wasn't serious, and I am not about to open that can of worms, or deal with the years of negative for a few months of crappy help!
Dad is starting to walk a few times a day, and he is eating solid food, and has the trache out completely. He is making leaps and bounds on getting better but he has lost so much from the injury and the 3 weeks of sedation. It is going to be a long road. It is very hard to see your parent be so frusterated and so heartbroken about losing the ability to be independant. I wish I could fix it. That is who I am, I fix things! I make it work, I take what I have and I make the best of it. That is who I am, that is what I do. It breaks my heart to see my Dad get so upset and even cry about his situation. I want to fix it, I want to make it better now! I want to find and wave a magic wand to make everything work and be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment