Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Crazy Life

Well my life is Crazy, I am not talking clinically insane, but most mortals would not do what I do. I take care of my mentally challenged sister, and elderly father, as well as work full time and drag race with my husband of almost 14 years.
All to soon I am going to be a full time care giver. My Dad took a tumble on the 26th of Feb, and has been in ICU since. Today was the first day that he was off of heavy sedation medications and was able to open his eyes and respond to commands. He has a ventilator and so he is not able to talk right now. This weekend should bring some new information and find out a more laid out plan.
My husband has been great with supporting me through all of this and I have found out who my true friends and support system is. I have had people step up to the plate and offer help and support that I never would have expected, and some people who would have thought would have been at my side in a heartbeat barely give me a phone call.
I have had to make some really tough decisions in regard to my siblings. I do take care of my Sister, but I also have 3 older brothers whom I do not have a relationship with anymore. I do love them and miss them but they made the decisions that they have that I cannot control.
I try not to deal with the toxicity of life.
I will post more later, this is just the intro into me!

1 comment: