Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday's

Today was a very bad day for me, I am stressed and maxxed out. They want to move Dad to a long term care facility to wean him off the vent. The webiste for this place said that the average lenth of stay is 25 plus days!!! OMG really? Does Dad really need another 3 fucking weeks on a vent?? He was breathing spontaniously all day today with very little pressure support. So I don't understand why he would he would need another 3 weeks on a vent!
I haven't actually talked to the Dr. I did get a phone call update from a Physicians Assistant today, but I am still not satisfied with the lack of answers! Is this place covered by the VA? they coudn't tell me. They could only tell me that they will have approval before they transfer him. I have a headache and a heartache and I am exhausted.
I am sure that we will keep Dad and Traci here. I know that it is feasable not to have them here. But We couldn't live with that choice. I know that there are many people who choose to abandon their families, but I would never be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment