Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tough day

Today was a bad bad day for me. I didn't know a person could cry that much in an 8 hour work day. I talked to my boss today and told him that we needed to get someone in and training so I could take FMLA. I think that is where we are going to start. I LOVE my job, I know so few people who can say that, and some who say it and don't really mean it. I don't ever want to work somewhere else. I have had great jobs before and jobs I have really liked, but nothing like this. I am exhausted. I really hope that 12 weeks will be enough,, but I really don't think it will be. I am heartbroken with the need to make this decision. But Family comes first.
Dad is doing a little bit better. He was going to transfer to a secondary hospital but he has a blockage in his stomach and they are not sure what it is, but they hope it will pass on it's own. We are doing the wait and see approach. At least he doesn't have to have surgery at this time. Hopefully we can transfer him early next week.
I see so many positives for everyone in my household, and some for me, but the only one who will be making sacrifice's is me. Is that selfish? I know that sounds horribly selfish, but it is true. I will be sacrificing my independance, and my social interaction with my peers, and my sence of accomplishment of a job well done. I know that I will never make a million dollars at my job, but I love it, I love that I can totally be myself, and I don't have to hide my tattoo's or dress up and I get to laugh and have fun and not worry about someone getting their nose out of joint.
Well I need to get some sleep, Tomorrow will be another long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment